Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Though I walk through the wilderness, Blessed be your name

It has been a tough week... a busy week... a week of wrestling with the core of who I am and what I believe. I am thankful to have a strong husband who lets me cry and mourns with me over a friend's loss of a child... a friend/business acquaintance he's never met.

I realized that faith isn't as tangible in the good, sunny, beautiful times of life. It's easy to have faith in the good times. I realize that faith and the stuff of the heart shines through in the crappy, sad, dark times. You realize how strong a person's faith is in those crappy times.

I encourage everyone to read the blog of CJ Bergmen. I've never met CJ, but I work with his wife who is a wedding photographer. She took a lot of the photos for my business website. I have always known her to be strong, honest, and full of joy. I considered her a friend after only a few times of working with her. Please read their blog. You have to scroll down to the bottom to hear their entire story. I encourage you to read all of the posts from the past week. This couple is the real deal... the definition of faithful followers of Christ. They experienced the loss of their baby Titus... and used it as a opportunity to encourage others and to share their faith.

I run into people all over who know CJ and Renee in some way. After the memorial service, Eric spoke of how that little baby boy has already had more of an impact and witness for Christ than most of us have had our entire lifetime. I want to have even an ounce of Renee's strength and faith. Please read their story. It's not easy to take in, but it is important. It makes me ask myself how I would respond, how my marriage would respond, and if I'm standing on a rock or in sinking sand. Take time to admire their strength and faithfulness.

www.cjbergmenmusic.com/wordpress

3 comments:

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

Kelsey, I loved this post. It says so much about who you are, and how firmly your beliefs are a part of you.

I followed the link and went to your friends' blog. Oh, what a sweet and tender story. Bless them for being able to not only find their strength through faith, but then to be able to SHARE their faith with the world. What an incredible example they are.

Thanks so much for sharing this...

meyer said...

Wow Kelsey, thanks for sharing. That was a touching story. I have tears streaming down my face. I can't even imagine how they are dealing with it but I'm glad they have such faith and are so connected with each other. My prayers are with them.